Knowledgeable Idaho Guardianship and Conservatorship Attorneys Help Protect Families
Dedicated lawyers facilitate care for dependent loved ones in the Boise area
At The Phoinix Law Firm, PLLC, we provide legal support for capable and caring adults throughout Idaho who want to gain the legal right to make decisions for loved ones in need of their assistance. As informed attorneys, we can help you petition to be appointed as a guardian and conservator to gain decision-making authority over the health, finances and welfare of your elderly parent or another disabled adult. We also support individuals who seek to become the legal guardians of minor children or want to choose another individual to become their children’s guardian in the event of their own incapacitation or death. We provide sound advice and professional assistance with crucial decisions no matter what challenges you face.
Attentive Idaho attorneys help responsible adults become guardians for minors
We advocate for the best interests of children, helping to establish guardianships in which they can receive reliable and compassionate care. Clients come to The Phoinix Law Firm, PLLC for help with:
- Appointing a guardian — It is important to name a trusted person to take over guardianship duties for your children in case the need ever arises. When a guardian is not named in advance of a parent’s death or incapacitation, the court may appoint someone the parent might not have chosen. You want to select a guardian who is willing and able to offer care and will raise your children according to your parental philosophies.
- Becoming a guardian — When a child you love is in need of a guardian they can rely on we can help you seek the legal right to take over these responsibilities. We can present your case in any necessary court hearings, working to demonstrate that you are suited to become a minor’s caretaker.
We will address your guardianship concerns and answer any questions you may have. Protecting the well-being of children is always a top priority.
Respected law firm establishes conservatorships for incapacitated adults
If you are responsible for an incapacitated adult or you have a child who will never be able to live independently, it is important to make legal arrangements for current and future care. At The Phoinix Law Firm, PLLC, we provide assistance for clients who wish to:
- Become a conservator — we can guide you in the process of having yourself or another qualified loved one appointed as conservator for an elderly parent or disabled adult. A conservator is responsible for managing the financial needs of the person they care for and making decisions in their best interests.
- Handle conservatorship conflicts — adults who have lived independently may be resistant to having another person care for them. If you see an urgent need to assume authority over an aging parent or other relative for their own good, you may have to petition the court to be appointed as a conservator. Your loved one is entitled to opposing counsel. If difficult circumstances arise, you can trust in our professionalism and sensitivity during the legal process.
- Execute a trust to benefit a special needs adult — if you are responsible for a disabled adult, your estate plan should include a special needs trust to provide financial assistance after your passing. Leaving money directly to a person who receives Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income benefits could make them ineligible for assistance. By creating a trust, you prepare a consistent income stream that eases their financial burdens without jeopardizing eligibility. Your estate plan can also include provisions for requesting that the court appoint a conservator for your loved one.
We are thorough and caring in our approach to your conservatorship needs.
The Phoinix Law Firm, PLLC helps Idaho clients make arrangements so that their loved ones have reliable guardians and conservators. Call us at 208-366-4425 or contact us online to arrange an attorney consultation.